My Secret Santa project is so close to my heart. I approached a few authors for this before and have some entries. But as we get close to the wire, I thought of giving all interested authors an opportunity to participate in this project.
So what is my Secret Santa project about? And why does it need a story from you?
If you have visited my Secret Santa page before, you may have a rough idea. I plan to compile an ebook of short stories from generous authors and provide it as a free download to all my readers. This is my way of saying thanks to people for visiting my site and reading my reviews. And since my readers are your readers, you get to reach a whole new bunch of potential fans.
As an author, here is how you might gain –
1) Reach new readers and fans
2) Introduce yourself and your work
3) More fans mean more books sold
Based on the feedback I have received from a lot of authors, I would like to post some guidelines for the kind of work you can turn in.
1) Short story, Prequel, Novella, Day in the Life of One of Your characters etc.
2) Can be previously published on your blog etc. It could be part of any of your books. You have to make sure that you are not violating any rights by sharing it with me and my readers.
3) Any genre or topic is fine – doesn’t have to be about Christmas! An evergreen theme will work better here.
4) Add a bio, photo, social network links, website – anything you want to share with readers in one page.
I think that covers it. I don’t want to muddy the waters with too many details. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!
Send these over to authorpskarr at gmail dot com
1) Before Dec 20th
2) In a Word format
I will assume that you are sending me the final proof and will not make any changes or edits unless requested.
Alright then! The die is cast. And I await your contributions for my Secret Santa Project. I know there are hundreds of gifted authors out there, if not more. And I hope you decide to share your work with me and my readers in the spirit of the season.